The way to avoid pasta fattening us lies in its cooking, which must be aldente, and in the accompaniments that we use, which must be vegetable. For years, popular beliefs have cataloged pasta as one of the main foods that should not be consumed if you want to lose weight. However, we will see that this theory is not entirely true, and that pasta has many benefits that allow you to lose weight. This is mainly because the pasta has 1.5% fat and 15% protein. That’s why it satisfies the metabolic needs of the body with its carbohydrates, which are absorbed by the body very slowly. That explains the feeling of fullness that produces and that controls the appetite. In these aspects the author Elisa Celli was based to write in 1984 her book La dieta de la pasta. It shows how with the proper consumption of this food you can develop a balanced diet that allows you to reduce 5 Weight in two weeks. Of course, without the use of companions with high fat content.
Research on Pasta
A research conducted by specialists from St. Michael’s Hospital (Toronto, Canada) found that pasta, its low glycemic index (generates low blood sugar) can contribute in reducing body weight if accompanied by a balanced diet. A total of 2448 people participated in the experiment, and they were asked to consume pasta three times a week in substitution of other carbohydrates. The results indicated that each of them lost an average of 0.5 kg in 3 months. For its part, the Mediterranean Neurological Institute (Neuromed) of Italy conducted a study in 2016 in which determined that the consumption of pasta does not influence the increase in weight.
Realities of Pasta
Pasta can get fat when accompanied by high-fat foods, such as oil-based sauces. According to many nutritionists, these ingredients give greater strength to the dish but do not accentuate its flavors, as do the vegetable fibers of the herbs and also the species.
“This food is also harmful to our body mass index when eaten in excess and as the only dish”.
For this reason it is recommended to consume it at noon, so that carbohydrates can be processed in the rest of this. We must include it in the diet, at least, once a week. Keep in mind that the right amounts are:
- 80 g for children.
- 200 g for teenagers.
- 120 g for adults.
Finally, diabetic, obese and celiac patients should avoid the consumption of pasta because their high content of gluten can harm their health.
A Diet Based on Pasta
To consume pasta, and still achieve effective weight loss, it is necessary to follow the following recommendations:
- Cook it in the same way as before, that is, do not let it soften completely but take it out at its minimum cooking point. This will make the pasta harder so the person will have to chew longer, lengthening the digestion and increasing the level of fullness.
- Accompany the pasta with nutrients and proteins that enrich your dish, they can be: tomatoes, zucchini, chicken, fish, and lean meats, among others.
- Whenever you can, choose to consume whole grains that contain more fiber. Sometimes, you can also substitute vegetable noodles (for example, carrot, which when cut into thin strips can look like pasta).
It complements the consumption of pasta with a balanced diet full of fruits and minerals. Now that we have revealed the myths created around pasta, we will give you some tips so you can enjoy this food without feeling remorse. Try this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of flour (30 g).
- 3 tablespoons of water (45 ml).
- 2 cups of milk (400 ml).
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (45 g).
- 1 cup of spinach (30 g).
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup of mushrooms (60 g)
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cups of tomato sauce (400 ml).
- 1 eggplant
- 1 package of precooked pasta sheets.
- Salt to taste.
- Grated cheese (to taste).
- First, to prepare the bechamel sauce it is necessary to heat 2 tablespoons of oil with flour and water. Once boiling, add the milk, previously bound with cornstarch, and stir until it thickens.
- Then, wash the spinach and steam them to cook, then you can mix a part of them with the béchamel sauce to absorb the flavor.
- Wash the carrots, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms. Put them in a pan with little oil and let them brown. Add salt to taste and mix with tomato sauce.
- Bring the sheets of pasta to the oven and start to put the pastiche together, placing a layer of béchamel sauce, a layer of pasta and a vegetable layer.
- Repeat the process and, finally, cover the top part of the pastiche with the béchamel sauce, add the grated cheese and cook in the oven at 170ºC for 20 minutes.
Remember that to take advantage of its slimming properties, pasta should be part of a balanced diet. If you have any doubt, consult a professional.
diet myths and facts, nutrition myths and facts, weight loss myths, nutrition myths 2018, weight loss foods, weight loss tips, weight loss programs, some myths and facts, fethiyetouristpass.com, fethiyetouristpass, fethiye tourist pass
#dietmythsandfacts #nutritionmythsandfacts #weightlossmyths #nutritionmyths2018 #weightlossfoods #weightlosstips #weightlossprograms #somemythsandfacts #fethiyetouristpasscom #fethiyetouristpass