This digestive tonic is an excellent option to detoxify the body naturally and get extra energy while promoting weight loss. Can we prepare a remedy that serves as a digestive tonic, that helps us lose weight and, at the same time, gives us energy and vitality? The answer is yes, thanks to this homemade drink based on apple cider vinegar, ginger root and honey. Discover in this article how to prepare this digestive, slimming and revitalizing tonic with these three ingredients to improve your health and your quality of life in the most simple and natural way.
What is a Digestive Tonic?
A digestive tonic is a remedy that facilitates digestion in different ways:
- It stimulates the appetite.
- Balances gastric juices
- It facilitates the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Prevents heavy digestion, gas and flatulence.
- Regulates bowel function
- Prevents the rise of blood sugar.
The digestive tonic is very useful for those who suffer mild gastric upset or discomfort often, but also for anyone who wants to prevent digestive problems in the face of excessive punctual food. We can also take it later, as a depurative remedy, to balance the digestive system.
Why does it Lose Weight and Provide Energy?
This digestive tonic, in addition to the properties that improve the function of the stomach and intestine, surprises us with its ability to accelerate metabolism and increase calorie burning. This, in turn, makes it easier to lose weight. Our temperature increases shortly after drinking this drink, so that the energy expenditure is higher than usual. This drink, therefore, has digestive and slimming properties, but also stimulates the temperature and energy of our body.
“In this way we get a good dose of vitality without having to resort to exciting substances such as coffee or cola drinks”.
Next we highlight the medicinal properties of the three ingredients of this digestive, slimming and revitalizing tonic.
The apple cider vinegar has so many uses that it is difficult to list them all, because it is taken as a remedy but can also be applied as a topical beauty product for skin and hair. However, in this drink will provide us with the following benefits:
- Depurative: Helps eliminate toxins from the body.
- Slimming: Accelerates metabolism and helps dissolve fats.
- Digestive: Prevents heartburn and improves digestion.
- Balances the lymphatic system and improves blood flow.
- Reduces cholesterol, sugar and triglyceride levels in the blood.
- Reduces arterial hypertension.
- It fights acidification and alkalizes the organism, which improves overall health.
This exotic, spicy and refreshing spice is very healthy for different reasons:
- It promotes digestion and gastric juices.
- Accelerates the metabolism.
- It combats fluid retention and reduces swelling.
- Increases body temperature and activates sweating.
- Remedy against dizziness, nausea and vomiting.
- Natural antibiotic
- Reduces pain such as migraine or menstrual cramps.
- Reduces nasal congestion and reduces cough.
- It improves the immune system.
- Powerful antioxidant.
- Improves circulation
The honey is a much healthier sweetener than sugar because it brings us a lot of vitamins, minerals and enzymes with healing properties:
- Natural antibiotic
- Stimulant and aphrodisiac.
- It promotes the elimination of liquids.
- Improves intestinal transit and fights constipation.
- Prevents aging caused by free radicals.
- It fights acidity and prevents gastric ulcers.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Upload the defenses.
- It improves the assimilation of calcium and magnesium.
We must make sure that it is a homemade honey, unprocessed. Natural honey has no foam, has some impurities (pollen, propolis, etc.) and causes a little burning in the throat.
How do we Prepare this Drink?
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- To make this drink we only have to mix all the ingredients well.
- The water can be hot, warm or cool, but never too cold.
How do we Take it?
We will take this drink distributed in 5 glasses (200 ml) throughout the day:
- 2 glasses on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast.
- 1 glass half an hour before the meal.
- 1 glass in the afternoon.
- The last glass will be taken half an hour before dinner.